Kincaid-Anderson Quarry

31 images

About the Kincaid-Anderson Quarry

Built: 1898

Closed: 1986

Status: Abandoned and the owners love to prosecute

Though images of the Kincaid-Anderson Quarry, located in Winnsboro, present a peaceful scene, this was once the site of Fairfield County‘s busiest industry. The blue granite mine, which closed in 1986, exported stone to cities all along the East Coast. Blue granite was named South Carolina’s State Stone in 1969.


South Carolina – State Stone – Blue Granite (

Kincaid-Anderson Quarry – SC Picture Project